11 May The Art of Achieving More by Doing Less
“Nature does not hurry, yet
everything is accomplished.”
As women entrepreneurs, we’re constantly pulled in different directions, juggling work, life, and our dreams. The world seems to ask more of us every day, and we respond by giving more, not realizing that sometimes, the answer lies in doing less.
As we observe the natural world, we witness the divine timing of life unfolding in perfect harmony. The blooming flowers, the ripening fruit, the changing seasons – all embracing the rhythm of life, effortlessly dancing to its own beat. Therein lies a profound lesson, a poetic truth that we, as women entrepreneurs, can imbibe and embody in our own lives.
As I write this newsletter, my own sweet mother Derline is in hospice, her life gracefully following nature’s cycle. This deeply personal experience has illuminated the truth that life is fleeting, and every moment is a precious gift to be cherished. It’s a reminder for all of us to focus on what truly matters and to let go of the unnecessary burdens that hold us back.
We know deep down that Nature’s way to abundance and fulfillment isn’t to filling our plates with society’s whims but in letting go and simply doing what’s right for us.
“The art of living is in the delicate balance of flowing with the current,
yet savoring each precious moment with grace and gratitude.”
– Kalika Yap
In this month’s Less & More newsletter, we will explore the wisdom of subtraction, the beauty of releasing the unnecessary, and the power of being present to achieve greater heights in our lives and businesses. We will also delve into the abundance that emerges when we replace unproductive habits with nourishing practices.
Here are 11 examples of what you can consider letting go and what you may gain. If you have other examples please share with me!
- Release rumination and embrace revelation, insight: Let go of dwelling on past mistakes and anxieties. Instead, turn your attention to the present moment, opening yourself up to the wisdom, insight, and joy that life has to offer.
- Let go of comparison and cultivate creativity: Free yourself from the trap of comparing yourself to others, and embrace your unique gifts and talents. Nurture your creativity and give yourself permission to express your authentic self.
- Replace jumping to conclusions with jumping for joy: Avoid making hasty judgments or assumptions, and focus on cultivating a mindset of curiosity, wonder, and joy.
- Let go of energy vampires with energy boosters: People who drain your energy and enthusiasm, leaving you feeling depleted and uninspired. Surround yourself with those who uplift and empower you, creating a supportive network that fosters growth.
- Replace inconsistency with a consistent routine: Irregular patterns of action can hinder progress. Embrace consistency in your thoughts, words, and actions to build momentum towards your goals and cultivate discipline.
- Release perfectionism and embrace progress: Striving for an unattainable ideal can paralyze your progress. Let go of the need for perfection and celebrate the beauty of imperfection, fostering self-compassion and resilience.
- Silence negativity and negative self-talk: Release the destructive inner critic and replace it with a nurturing voice of love and compassion. This shift can enhance self-esteem, confidence, and emotional wellbeing.
- Overcome laziness with inspired action: Let go of the resistance to take action and tap into the wellspring of energy within you to move towards your dreams. Engaging in activities that align with your passions can ignite motivation and foster a sense of purpose.
- Replace sugar with nourishing foods: Excessive sugar consumption can contribute to a host of health issues, including depression, anxiety, and fatigue. Embrace a balanced diet to nourish your body and mind, enhancing vitality and mental clarity.
- Let go burning the candle on both ends and prioritize restful sleep: Lack of sleep can impair our overall wellbeing, as it deprives our bodies and minds of the opportunity to heal and rejuvenate. Prioritize restful sleep to enhance your productivity and creativity.
- Let go of the need to be right, to have the last word, and to win: Release the ego-driven need to dominate conversations and interactions. Embrace humility, understanding, and the beauty of shared wisdom, fostering stronger connections and a sense of unity.
“The beauty of subtraction is that it reveals
the strength and resilience of the soul.”
– Kalika Yap
As we let go of the excess, we create space for the essential. Our souls are free to soar, unburdened by the weight of the non-essential. We become attuned to the gentle whispers of our hearts, and we begin to understand that true power lies in the art of doing less and achieving more.
Remember that the key to unlocking your full potential lies in your ability to discern what truly matters in your life.
Let your wise heart guide you as you create a life of simplicity, grace, and abundance. Embrace the transformative power of replacing unproductive habits with nourishing practices, and watch as your life unfolds in harmony with your deepest desires.
With love and light,
P.S. Share your Less & More journey with us by using the hashtag #LessAndMore on social media. Together, let’s inspire a world where we all embrace the wisdom of doing less and achieving more by cultivating healthy habits and nurturing our authentic selves.
Female Founders Mentorship Circle
Are you tired of feeling like you’ve created a job for yourself instead of building a thriving business?
Do you dream of achieving the freedom and flexibility that comes with being your own boss while also juggling personal and family commitments?
I’m here to help you achieve that goal with my Female Founder Mentorship Circle – “Build a Business, Not Just a Job.”
As a fellow female founder, I understand the unique challenges we face in both our personal and professional lives. That’s why my mentorship circle is designed to help you build a business that aligns with your lifestyle goals, whether that’s spending more time with family, traveling, or pursuing other passions.
Throughout his lifetime, Teja Bell has been a committed practitioner of the Dharma and the Dao, integrating qigong, martial arts, and healing energy practices. He is a lifelong practitioner and teacher of Aikido (6th-degree black belt) and of Chinese Internal Arts with a special emphasis on the healing and restorative aspects of qigong and meditation.